Tuesday, January 11, 2011
I thought I had a great, fiscally-savvy idea. Why not make the kids some play clothes/sleepwear? They really needed some, we needed to save money, and on top of that, it looked fun and easy (thanks to the tutorial at www.cottontailbabies.com). The result is pictured above (I haven't made Lauren's yet).
Truth be told, I think they're kinda cute. So how on earth was this a frugal flop? Let me count the ways!
1. I didn't end up saving much money.
2. They were NOT easy to make.
3. Foam stickers affixed to the fleece do NOT come off easily.
4. After just one day of use, the fleece showed significant wear, so I'm thinking they won't last very long.
5. The fleece is really warm, but the tee-shirt portion is really thin, so the kids are often uncomfortable temperature-wise.
6. Little boys don't keep white clothing very white.
As I said, these are cute, and the boys really like them. But those are about the only two positives. Live and learn, I guess!