Friday, August 28, 2009

I Think We're Getting There!

Since coming home from the hospital, Jon had been complaining of fever-like symptoms: achy joints and muscles, headache, etc. We kept taking his temperature, but if anything it was on the low side. This concerned me a little because I thought he was due to resume work on Sunday night, and he still couldn't be up for more than a few minutes at a time. Last night he woke me up (accidentally) around 3:30 and all of the achiness had left, including his headache! He looked better than I'd seen him look thus far, despite the early hour.

When we actually got up for the day, he had a minor headache that's been an on-again, off-again thing, but there is definite improvement. He even watched the boys while I turned in a job application for him (I'll let you know the results of that in a few weeks). He also told me this morning that his boss gave him the whole work week off, so he's not due to start work again until next Thursday night. His week of paid vacation will cover most of his missed work nights, which is a huge praise!

The boys spent the morning in our room visiting with him, which they loved. You should see the pile of toys they brought in for him to play with in case he got bored - it is beyond cute! My biggest concern now is that he doesn't try to do too much too quickly, but so far he's been taking it very easy.

I'm still exhausted and cannot sleep much. With everything going on lately, I've not been very diligent to remember my iron, and my insomnia gets pretty unbearable as a result. Thankfully I've remembered the past two days now. Lauren has been less fussy today, but it's so warm in the living room that she's having a hard time sleeping. Even though she's not fussing, her wiggling and cooing (although adorable) doesn't help me get the rest I need. Now that Jon's feeling better, I shouldn't have to sleep on the couch next to her anymore.

We cannot say how much we appreciate all the prayers; it is so encouraging to know that we are continually being lifted up. !

2 comments:

  1. What a trial for you all. I am sure the extra time off will do wonders, the longer he is able to recuperate, the better he will feel when he goes back, I am sure. Sounds like you all are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things are getting better for you guys! Now we just have to pray decent sleep back into the house for you and Lauren! ;-)

    ReplyDelete